This is a good one!
Previous entries in this series: http://www.guldmyr.com/blog/wasthereannhlgamelastnight-com-now-using-object-storage/ and http://www.guldmyr.com/blog/wasthereannhlgamelastnight-appspot-com-fixed-working-again/
Renamed to wtangy.se
First things first! The website has been renamed to wtangy.se! Nobody in their right mind would type out
wasthereannhlgamelastnight.com.. so now it’s an acronym of wasthereannhlgameyesterday. wtangy.se . Using Sweden .se top level domain because there was an offer making it really cheap :)
Automatic testing and deployment
Second important update is that now we do some automatic testing and deployment.
In google cloud there’s different versions of the apps deployed. If we don’t promote a version it will not be accessible from wtangy.se (or wasthereannhlgamelastnight.appspot.com) but via some other URL.
Right now the testing happens like this on every commit:
- deploy the code to a testing version (which we don’t promote)
- then we run some scripts:
- pylint on the python scripts
- an end to end test which tries to visit the website.
- if the above succeeds we do deploy to master (which we do promote)