More studying. Only a month and a half to go.
Currently repeating/re-reading BCFA stuff and mostly focusing on the new stuff. Expect to do this this whole week but gradually weave in more BCFP stuff.
An idea – I don’t think I need to re-hearse the BCFA that much. The objectives between the two exams are very different and there’s no overlap as far as I can tell. Focusing more on the BCFP now but it was nice anyway to do a short repeat of the BCFA stuff, get back in the game.
I’ve been going through what’s recommended (the material) and these are the useful pages:
Please note that the second item in each list is the actual page number in the document.
I also took the liberty of adding pages before/after in case they were adding context to the page. It’s not like I’m going to try to remember the pages by heart. And quite often the pages referenced by Brocade were just one page in the middle of a chapter.
For example page 63 in FOS Admin Guide 7 is either about setting ipaddr or routing/FC NAT. I think it’s the FC NAT. Page 77 is either for adressing/WWN based PID assignment or lossless DLS. Page 80 is port numbering schemes for various blades or Forward Error Correction. 99 is verifying syslog/audit log or introduction to RADIUS/LDAP. 117-118 is lossless DLS or overview of IP protocols.
Page 3 in the troubleshooting guide is to the document history or one of the pages with list of common symptoms. Also Page 1 in FCIP Admin Guide is probably not the one they meant :)
There’s some really weird ones in the admin guide. For example page 582 does not exist in FOS admin or 132 is empty in FCIP Admin guide , in both real page counters and the numbers on the pages in the book.
Also some starting/ending points/pages are a little strange, why cut it off there and not the whole chapter/section?
From the Brocade Certified group on facebook I saw that these pages numbers were used to writing a/questions on the exam. Guess this explains why some of the pages are odd, maybe they were written down at a previous version of the document or they just don’t want to document everything :) In the same group they claim that the page they used is the one on the actual page, not the one in for example adobe reader. This means the numbers under Real are the ones pointing to the right pages.
Anyway, with the details from http://community.brocade.com/docs/DOC-2041 here we go:
Updated the numbers on FOS Admin guide (2011-08-18)
- Fabric OS Administrators Guide v7.0 (53-1002148-02)
- Pages 63,77,80,99,100,117,118,128,133,137,200,272-281,287-302,372,382,395,404-412,413,418,422-433,435-438,447-481,582
- Real Pages: 102-103, 120, 139, 168, 173-174, 177, 240, (271-303), 311-343, 410, 412, 422, 435, 444-453, 458-478, 487-521,
- Fabric OS Command Reference Guide v7.0 (53-1002147-01)
- Pages 239,244-246,283-290,380-383,609,610,637,653,661-663,701-710,714-717,824,885,930,953-956,1028,1029,1083
- Real Pages: 273, 278-280, 316-324, 643, 644, 671, 687, 695-697, 735-744, 748-751, 857-858, 918-920, 964, 987-990, 1061-1063
- Fabric OS Troubleshooting Guide v7.0 (51-1002150-02)
- Pages 3,22,31,38,92,
- Real Pages: 23, 43-44, 51-52, 112
- Brocade 1860 Datasheet (GA-DS-1566-00)
- Brocade SAN Health Family Data Sheet (GA-DS-870-03)
- Fabric OS v7.0 Release Notes
- Pages 11,12
- Real Pages: 11, 12
- Brocade Network Advisor SAN User Manual 11.1.x (53-1002167-01)
- Pages xxxviii,xxxix,47-52,148,202,230-233,647,648,782,911
- Real Pages: 38-39, 91-96, 192, 246, 274-277, 691-692, 826, 955
- Brocade Network Advisor Installation Guide 11.1.x (53-1002320-01)
- Page 9
- Real Page: 9
- Fabric OS FCIP Administrator’s Guide (53-1002155-01)
- Pages 1,6,29-37,54,111-113,132
- Real Pages: 15, 20-21, 43-52, 68, 125-127
- Access Gateway Administrator’s Guide (53-1002156-01)
- Pages 11,22,52,53,67-69,
- Real Pages: 31, 42, 72-73, 87-89
- Brocade Adapters Administrator’s Guide (53-1001923-01)
- Page 35
- Real Page: 57
- Pre-release CFP 300 Course (unedited material)
- Modules 2-8
Hi, thanks for the blog very useful
I’m starting my brocade san certif path..