Some things to remember:
- Follow the rules of the road, like, stay on the right side :)
- People tend to follow the rules and get confused if you start bicycling on the left side, there’s also some streets where the bicycle part of the road is one-way (like Boulevardi).
- Don’t bicycle on walk ways. Old people get upset and the cops might stop you. Even though many of the streets in Helsinki downtown are made out of cobble stone making the bike ride somewhat amusement-parky.
- Pay attention to your surrounding but pay more attention to where you’re bicycling so you don’t run into stuff or people.
- True, the Finns are generally an honest people, but do lock your bike.