Time to study for another one :) Working my way towards the “Data Center Track”. To complete it it would be enough for me to complete 5 accreditations.
This one has a pretty cool name – BADCS!
I haven’t tried one of these Accredited exams before, but as far as I can tell:
- Cheap: only 20$ USD
- The exam is web based, no need to find a test center, you can do it exactly when you want to.
- Accreditations do not expire
- You don’t _have_ to take the course in the prerequisites before taking the exam, but it is recommended :)
Also, for this Accreditation the pre-requisite is the FC-101 course on brocade’s SABA page – and it’s free!
– The BADCS exam consists of 38 questions and lasts 60 minutes
– To pass this exam you must get a score of 71% or better
So that’s about 27 correct out of 38 questions.
The objectives are on this page.
The only part I was initially not entirely sure about is the “Given a scenario, describe when portlog dumps are required”. The objectives indicate that a Fibre Channel theory knowledge is necessary, so the FC-101 course seems like a very good idea to study. I doubt many people remember specific FC mechanisms/theory if they don’t work with these occasionally. Like the well-known addresses – who remembers the address of the name-server or controller? =)
My general tip for the BADCS: Learn the material of the FC-101 course. Really. Learn. it.
You may be tricked into thinking that Brocade’s accrediations are easy because you can do them from home.