- Bicycle up to and over a fog covered Golden Gate bridge, pretty awesome downhills!
- Eaten at a relative’s french gourmet food (not expensive!) – it’s name is: sous beurre. It is up on 24th mission street together with a cafe called sugarlump.
- Went to great coffee place called: Sightglass Coffee. Real, good coffee with flavour.
- Also went for breakfast at an awesome American breakfast by Chinese folks. Don’t think I’ll find it again though :) I may want to give it a try ;) It was Golden!
- Lots of walking around the hills, no car chases yet though.
- Many other conferences happen here, quite often it seems. For example Intel’s IDF which was over yesterday and saleforce’s cloud computing (next week).
Checked in at the hotel, mighty fancy one, it has a pool :)
Weather is great down here, much warmer than in San Fran. Hotel is basically right next door to where I’m heading tomorrow and it looks like there’s quite a lot of people coming!
Cisco is right next door to, gotta go snab some pictures while I’m here, may not get any time off tomorrow.
Lots of lunch places next door too, I was afraid it was going to be in the middle of an industrial area.
And a bonus picture has been taken, but I appear to be having some issues inserting it into the post..
Made it through flights and security checkpoints and buses and trains!
Next time I’m going on this long flight it woud be awesome to actually bring tooth paste and tooth brush in the hand luggage. Also possibly some own food in case the air plane food is not so awesome. And some water :) Besides that the hoodie, sleeping/eye covers, scarf and Kindle and head phones were enough.
Weather is way better here than in Helsinki :) Pretty cool to get to see Greenand from above with no clouds, also Yukun is pretty impressive. But the farmlands of USA are pretty cool too – so structured and organized.
So what’s a good way to get rid of jet lag? Tomorrow I’l see if a bike ride is it :)
The hostel I’m in is the same as in 2008 when I was here last time – although this time there’s way more folks hanging out in the “social room” – but all people do is play with their phones and tablest/computers.. maybe because it’s Sunday people chill out a bit more.
I’ve been invited by Brocade to their Brocade Analyst and Technology Day 2012!
It’s in San José, California and it’s going to be a blast to get over to the US again, it’s been a while.
In anticipation of possible future blog posts I just want to let you know that I’m not getting paid for this – Brocade are paying for flights/hotel though.
It’s also possible to register and view the event via the Internets. Will it be broadcasted on this URL perhaps? http://brocadeanalystday2012.com/ Strange page, just empty with a sky background.
Time to suit up :)